Student of the Month Story

Student Interview Story

Lead:
 Kealei Oliphant was rewarded as Bowie High School’s, “Student of the Month,” on March 7, 2018. She earned this with her hard work ethic and motivation to strive in school.
Nut Graf:
The Student of the Month award is given to students who have shown great academic accomplishments in school. Students and staff vote to determine who they think should win this award each month.
Quote:
“I feel very honored to be chosen because I know there is a lot of smart people in my class, so it is a great accomplishment.” 10th grader Kealei Oliphant said.
Statement:
Oliphant was very excited and seemed shocked when she found out that she won the Student of the Month.
Quote:
“I balance my school work and social life by making school work my priority, and being proactive and not putting any school work off.” Oliphant said.
Statement:
Often balancing school and outside of school life can be challenging, but Oliphant is dedicated to her work and makes sure she puts aside time to get her school priorities completed.
Quote:
“What stood out to me was how determined and dedicated she is with each of her classes. She never gives up and asks for help when she needs it, that’s exactly the qualities the Student of the Month needs to carry.” Principal Robinson said.
Statement:
The principal talks about his support for this decision of electing Kealei Oliphant as the Student of the Month.
Quote:
“When I am not at gymnastics practice, I am usually studying or doing my homework.” Oliphant said.
Statement:
Although Oliphant is on a gymnastics team, she does not let this consume her time away from school. She manages her time between school and her team commitment.
Quote:
“She is a very bright student, and if she continues down this path she will have an even brighter future.” teacher Ms. Ramos said.
Statement:
Ms. Ramos notices how hard Kealei works in her class and that she without a doubt earned this title.
Quote:
“When I grow up I want to be a OBGYN, helping women have their babies.” Oliphant said.
Statement:
Kealei sees herself pursuing a career in the medical field and more specifically in the gynecology field of medicine concerned with women’s health.

End Quote:
“I see myself going to OU because my whole family went there and it is a great school that I think I would really enjoy going to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photo Manipulation and Ethics the

Merger Photo Preview

opinions writing preview activity